This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
When a friend has a party I always like to bring a special homemade treat. If I can come up with something that fits in with the theme of the party, even better! I thought these football shaped OREO cookie balls would be perfect to snack on while watching the game.
I stopped by my local Walmart to pick up ingredients. In the photo above you can see they have tons of flavors of OREOs in the cookie aisle. You can use any flavor OREOs in this recipe as long as it’s not OREO Double Stuf. I love peanut butter and chocolate so I went with the peanut butter flavor.
OREO cookie balls just require a few ingredients and are pretty easy to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Make it!
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- Optional ingredient: White chocolate for the football laces decoration.
I put the OREOs in my food processor to chop them up into fine crumbs, then mixed in the cream cheese. After mixing I made the football shapes and froze them for 10 minutes. I melted my chocolate in a tall narrow cup in the microwave, then used a cake tester to skewer each football and dunk it into the chocolate. I used the tip of a knife to gently pull the football off of the cake tester after dunking. After the chocolate hardened I used a frosting bag filled with melted white chocolate and a round tip to pipe on the design.
These were a big hit at the party I took them to! Guests were wondering if they came from the fancy local chocolate shop. There are tons of different flavor combinations or shapes that you can make to customize these for any holiday or party. For more holiday OREO Cookie balls recipes, check out this link and let us know if you have any favorite OREO cookie and chocolate combinations!