Craft Buds is excited to announce our very first sew along! Introducing the Pleated Boxes Pillow, which comes with a free downloadable PDF pattern.
The sew along lasts just over three weeks. With an estimated 2.5 to 3 hours of total sewing time, you can whip up a cheery throw pillow to brighten up your living room, guest bed or any place that needs a little sunshine!
Very few supplies are needed to make this project, which is designed to use up your scraps. To sew along with us, you’ll need:
- 8 assorted fabric strips, 2” wide and 12” long
- ½ yard of solid background fabric
- ½ yard of inexpensive muslin fabric, like an upcycled sheet
- 8-10 oz. synthetic fiber fill
- Rotary cutter, acrylic ruler and cutting mat
- Thread, sewing pins and iron
When finished, the filled pillow cover measures 17″ long x 12″ tall x 6″ wide, the perfect size for a chair or couch accent.
The downloadable pattern will tell you all you need to know to make this pillow, and we’ll also guide you step-by-step throughout the sew along, with extra photos to help guide you along the way. Feel free to work at your own pace, and we’ll all meet back up to share our finished work at the end of the sew along. You can do it!
- Friday, 2/24: Supplies + Prizes
- Thursday, 3/1: Cut and Arrange Squares
- Monday, 3/5: Join Rows
- Friday, 3/9: How to Pleat
- Monday, 3/12: Envelope Pillow Back + Make Pillow Form
- Friday, 3/16 (through 3/23): Link Up Your Pillows!
- Saturday, 3/24: Sew Along Winners Announced
As a little incentive to get you sewing along, 5 random winners will each take home a prize for linking up their finished pillow to our Flickr group by March 23. If you don’t use Flickr, we’ll also post a linkup here on the blog March 16-23, so you can link up a photo of your finished pillow.
1 winner: A stack of Flea Market Fancy fat quarters from my pre-order!
(Will update with photo)
1 winner: Make it Sew Modern book by Vanessa Christenson
1 winner: $20 store credit to Lindsay Sews on Etsy
March marks our one-year blogiversary, and we’d be so excited to have you join us for the sew along. Enjoy the free pattern, and we’ll see you back in about a week!
Grab a button!